Singapore, the dazzling cosmopolitan city is now among the top names in the list of vacation venues and tourist destinations in South East Asia. Amazing charm of night life, shopping, ultra-modern skyline and mouthwatering cuisines are the highlights of tourism in Singapore . Food in Singapore is something to cheer about.
Restaurants in Singapore remain crowded almost round the clock as visitors get dragged by the nice aroma of the food. However, the real charm of Singapore food is at the hawker food spots that are not that glamorous as the restaurants in deluxe hotels, but are more attractive, in terms of mouthwatering dishes at cheaper prices. There are plenty of popular food stalls in different parts of the city.
1. Old Airport Road Food Centre is one of the biggest hawker food spots in Singapore as some of the best food items are found here.
2. The best Hokkien Fried Mee, mouthwatering Hainanese-style satays and char kways with tasty rojak sauce are served here by a veteran person, who is recognized as Uncle.
3. If your taste buds are fond of dumplings, then Chinatown Smith Street Food Centre should be your destination where tasty Xiao Long Bao is served with a soup. Made of pork meats, these dumplings are totally free of oil and are served steamed
4. Another delicious item that you can taste here is minced meat noodle which is prepared with boiled dumplings, minced pork and mushroom sauce.
5. At stall no 6 in East Coast Lagoon Village, you will surely fall in love with black pepper crabs, which are being prepared and served by a lady.
6. At Clementi Street, there is the Seafood Restaurant where you can enjoy a grand crab feast. The East Coast Road is famous for offering fried, crispy noodles.
There are plenty of Singapore places to see and things to experience, but for gastronomists, the prime attractions in Singapore are certainly these hawker food spots. So to offer your taste buds a treat, opt for a Singapore tour package that allows you time to explore these ‘food zones’